Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Why do I do this to myself?
It's 1:03 am and I'm lying in bed with a box of cereal watching a decade old episode of Felicity when I KNOW I'm going to be completely exhausted at 6:30 when it's time to get Ava up for school.
Mornings are the absolute worst. It literally hurts to wake up. My husband works night shift so he doesn't get home until I'm almost ready to get up... he closes the blinds, makes it super dark, turns the fan on and fires up the sound machine. Really? It's like a night owls worst nightmare... And you know what's my biggest pet peeve? When you wake up to pee like 5 minutes before the alarm goes off. Ugh! It ticks me off to no end. Anyone who knows me knows that I allow myself to hit snooze five times... after the fifth if I'm really tired I just reset my alarm for two minutes because I know I don't have time for the full five. It's pitiful. Sleep is definitely my drug of choice.
If I were a smart girl I would go to sleep after the nightmarish bedtime routine is over. But it's like the calm after the storm. I hear crying at least 57 times a day and whining from daylight until AFTER they fall asleep (still don't know how he does it) and then all of a sudden... PEACE. It's just glorious and I foolishly bask in the quiet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment